Saturday, October 26, 2013

Tyler Jamison Rill is here!

Tyler was born on Tuesday March 22 2011 at 9:23 pm at Fairfax Hospital in Falls church Virginia! 

Wow, what a day.  The day that started the rest of our lives.  It happened in an instant, our lives changed and we fell in love with this little being.  He came out screaming screaming screaming and what a relief that was.  With apgar scores of 9 and 9 we knew he was a healthy boy.  After all he was 9 lbs!!!  OMG 9 lbs!!  The doctor and the nurses were shocked!  How this little guy flew under the radar with his poundage I don't know.  It seemed pretty obvious to me...I was huge but this being my first pregnancy who was I to say.  So I guess I'll start at the beginning, well not the real beginning but the beginning of Tyler decent.  It started on monday March 21.  I didn't really feel well, that of coarse being relative because I was sick the whole 9 months, so really I mean I felt awful.  Took my blood pressure with the blood pressure machine that mama Jane and papa Joe had lent me and it was high.  So what's the first thing I did...took a shower...of coarse!  I knew this was it.  So after the shower I called my doctors and they said go straight to the hospital.  So although I knew this was it, I was still surprised, hard to explain.  I was excited!  Called Mike of coarse and home he came.  We packed up the car and off we went nervous and excited as hell.  We got to the hospital about 3pm and checked into triage.  My blood pressure was still high and my urine was postive for protiens.  Yipee! pre-ecplamsia is Tylers ticket out!  I knew it was time...i felt my body just could not take it anymore.  So they admitted me to labor and delivery to be induced in the morning.  Meanwhile still having heart palpitations too.  Never really got our heads around that but most likely related to the retained fluid putting stress on my heart.  Next got some cervidil to soften up that cervix and that's all it took to start the process.  Started having contractions about 2am and with great intensity starting around 6 am.  At that point I was 5cm dialted and ready for the epidural.  I held off as long as I could and I couldnt wait any longer.  In walked dr. yarnel.  boy was I happy!  An anestheiologist and friend of mine from work. He happened to be on and I couldn't have been happier.  Wow, that epidural was amazing.
I thought wow now I can handle this.  This is going to be easy.  My pain is totally gone!  I took a nap!  Apparently snoring so loud everyone could here down the hall.  Well, that lasted a good 8 hours then the real pain started.  He had dropped far enough down to be out of the numb zone.  Afterall, I was having a baby but I sure was expecting that epidural to help some towards the end.  Well, 7pm hit and 9cm dialted...finally...time to push.  Thank goodness, lets get him out!  We had a wonderful nurse who without I could not have done it.  Seriously!  This nurse was my biggest cheerleader next to Mike. She was a little drill sargent mixed with a  

No comments:

Post a Comment