Friday, May 20, 2011

Tyler 8 Weeks

OK I have lots of blogging to catch up on.  Tyler Turned 8 weeks this week.  Wow time has flown by.  He is now 14 lbs 9 oz which is the 97%ile.  He's 25 inches long which is the 99 %ile.  Head circum is 41cm which is the 90 %ile.  All that really means is that he's a big boy...nothing we already didn't know, right.  We had a wonderful pediatrician appointment with my favorite favorite pediatrician.  He's simply the best and was put on this planet to do this job.  Tyler, of coarse, impressed him in a few ways.  Tyler gave him a big ole grin when he walked in so he's already learning when and who to kiss some ass too.  Always to your advantage to have your doctor like you.  His first comment was, "well I see he hasn't been missing any meals." and the answer is no way!  Tyler is maxing out all available nutritional sources.  He has maxed out my breast capacity and is on his was to maxing out our bottle capacity.  My breast milk from the start has not been able to keep up with his needs and I'm now wondering if I should just give em a steak.  We may need to just skip the whole cereal and soft food stage because he's ready for a steak!  None the less, he continues to be a complete joy to take care of.  I never thought I would enjoy being mom as much as I do to this little boy.  He smiles and coo's and kicks his legs about to get your attention and all of it he does.  He found his thumb the other day and sucked on it...as if I'm starving the child and he needs something else to suck on.  Surprisingly I found myself so proud of him for sucking on his thumb.  He had been sucking on his hands for days trying to find that thumb.  Now, whose the real sucker, mom!  Why I was so proud at that moment I don't know, but I even had to call Mike at work to tell him.  So silly.  OK back to how Tyler impressed the doc today.  Doc mentioned how nice his skin and overall complexion is.  He never got any of the bad newborn baby stuff.  He had very few milia that lasted a week and a touch of cradle cap but overall he has had a great complexion his whole life, all 8 weeks.  But then again the Doc being an Irish guy probably has a predisposition for liking the pale milky skin.  I think Tyler got my pale skin which is too bad because the obvious choice would have been Mike's darker olive complexion.  Doc was also impressed with the circumcision...I'm serious...funny that I'm blogging about my sons business I know.   But he did say they all don't heal this well and my OB did a great job.  After all it WAS surgery so you like to hear they did a good job.  We ended the visit with a couple shots...oouch.  Tyler gave us a big scream then was fine.  We then headed over to Dad's work so he could show off his little dude to his co-workers.  They ooo'd and aaaa'd and Tyler cheesed it up with a few of the ladies then home for a good nap.  That's all the updates on Tyler.  Oooh other than he was pronounced King of the Cute's!  That's the Cute society for those not familiar.   

No comments:

Post a Comment